1.21.2011

Fix It Friday!!

It’s Fix-It Friday over at I Faces! That means we all get to edit the same photo as each other and learn new editing tips and tricks. This week’s AWESOME photo comes from Angie Arthur.  Below is the before and after photo.  The top image is the "before", which is Angie's original photograph and the bottom image is the one I edited with PhotoShop CS5:
 So what did I do?
1st, I created a new layer from the background image, which is what I always do.  By creating a new layer from the background image, you can use that copy for all of your editing.  So in case you mess up really bad, you can just delete that layer copy, make another copy and start over.

2nd, I used the "Center Fill Light Action" from Florabella's Luxe Action Set at 52% opacity to lighten up the boy jumping in the middle.

3rd, I used Topaz Software [which is an awesome plug-in filter for PhotoShop] to create a "painterly" effect.  The actual effect is called "Buz Sim" and is in the "Topaz Adjust" plug-in.

4th, I created a layer mask and used a soft-round brush at 60% opacity to "paint the boy back in".  Sometimes the "Buz Sim" effect will distort facial features, so using a layer mask to paint back in some of the original background really creates an awesome image.

5th, I added a texture from some of my thousands of background textures I've collected for the past 10 years, changed it to "multiply" and changed the opacity to 32%.

Finally, I added a cute little graphic, flattened the image and saved it as a jpeg.
 
Click on the I faces image above to check out some other editing of this same photo.  So fun!!

Happy Friday!!& peace always ~ Kathy

"Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are." ~ Marianne Williamson

5 comments:

Hugs, kisses & kind words...♥